[Gambas-user] Gambas & Android

John Rose john.aaron.rose at gmail.com
Sun May 24 08:24:52 CEST 2020

I've developed apps for Android using a RAD tool called Basic 4 Android
(AKA B4A). B4A is difficult to install using Linux (as it's a Windows
app) with Wine, with the alternative being to run B4A in a Windows VM.
I've also found that B4A often changes the install process. B4A runs
quite slowly under Ubuntu (either using Wine or a Windows VM) as I only
have a Celeron based Barebones PC. B4A does not have the same high
quality as Gambas (e.g. its object orientation is poor). B4A creates
Java code from code written using B4A.

So I got back to thinking about Gambas being used to develop Android
apps. Given that many PCs now have touch screens, does Gambas now
include facilities for these to be used at Gambas-developed apps at
runtime? If so, would there be any way of developing Android apps in
Gambas on a Linux (e.g. Ubuntu) PC?