[Gambas-user] Loading GUI component as runtime

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Sat May 23 19:01:33 CEST 2020

Le 23/05/2020 à 16:45, brian at westwoodsvcs.com a écrit :
> Perhaps Benoit could please comment on this?
> It would really be appreciated!
>
> --
> Thanks
> Brian

I can't say more than I have already said.

GUI components override the command-line arguments processing, the event
loop, the timer management, and the file descriptor watching of the
interpreter [1]. So they can only be loaded before anything else.

The solution I implemented for chosing the GUI component at runtime is
the gb.gui component, that loads the component whose name is store in
the GB_GUI environment variable.

Regards,

[1] i.e. they use the select() system call or one of the same family,
and this can be done once per process only (roughly).

--
Benoît Minisini