[Gambas-user] Components to be used

John Rose john.aaron.rose at gmail.com
Tue May 19 16:00:01 CEST 2020

Benoît,
I'd previously read the wiki's descriptions of the gtk & qt components
but was left no wiser by doing so. I'm not a professional developer, so
I don't even know which of the Gtk2, Gtk3, QT4, QT5 tool kits is best
for Ubuntu Xenial let alone understand why the selected component is the
best.

Gianluigi,

Thanks for the tip about QT4 being best for Ubuntu, I just tried gb.gui.
It created 5 .deb packages with slightly different names:
selectwindow_0.0.23-0ubuntu1_all.deb,
selectwindow-gtk__0.0.23-0ubuntu1_all.deb,
selectwindow-gtk3__0.0.23-0ubuntu1_all.deb,
selectwindow-qt4__0.0.23-0ubuntu1_all.deb,
selectwindow-qt5__0.0.23-0ubuntu1_all.deb
I only want to install one of these packages i.e. suitable for Ubuntu
Xenial. Is it the first? If that's the case, which component should I
use to achieve this?