[Gambas-user] Copying forms between different projects

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Mon May 18 18:21:08 CEST 2020

On 5/18/20 7:05 AM, John Rose wrote:
> Thanks Benoît. However, when I did the import from the relevant .form file in the .src directory, it displayed the form not as a
> form but with the following code:
>
> # Gambas Form File 3.0
>
> { Form Form
>    MoveScaled(0,0,64,49)
>    Icon = Picture["StreamRecorder.png"]
>    Border = False
>    { DrawingAreaDesktop DrawingArea
>      MoveScaled(2,2,60,45)
>      Tag = "DrawingAreaDesktop"
>    }
> }
>
> Is this convertible from code to display it as a form (though it doesn't look like it contains enough detail, e.g. properties,
> for the form?

It works fine for me. What I did is: Right-click on Sources. Select "*.form" as the filter. Select the form. Click OK. The form
was imported and I could Open it and its code.

> BTW is there a good way (I use Thunderbird) to 'highlight' code in the email,as many forums do?

The mailing list, I believe, is text only so there is no way to highlight code. I sometimes enclose it in <code></code> or
[code][/code] 'tags'.

--
Lee