[Gambas-user] Cairo in Gambas

martin p cristia tercoide at hotmail.com
Thu May 14 12:59:24 CEST 2020

> If you use Qt4. If you use Qt5, Paint class is 3x times faster than Cairo.
>
> It seems there is a problem with Qt4.

Good news. I've also read that Qt5 implements VBO needed for modern
OpenGL, so when are we going to have it?  :)

> Anyway, your benchmark is silly. You mainly test the drawing of rotated
> text. If you remove the rotation, you will get about the same speed
> whatever you use (with always a bit of slowness with qt4).

Off course it is, it's a benchmark, not the actual thing I want ot do.
Anyway if you Stroke outside the For-Next loop, you get same color.

Rotation it's needed, it's a part of it.

--
Saludos

Ing. Martin P Cristia