[Gambas-user] gb.test IDE integration

Tobias Boege taboege at gmail.com
Wed May 13 12:40:36 CEST 2020

On Wed, 13 May 2020, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Le 13/05/2020 à 11:26, Christof Thalhofer a écrit :
> > Hello,
> >
> > we need a possibility to get all tests (testmodules and testmethods) of
> > a project. There is a new function in gb.test that returns all tests
> > (names of testmodules and their testmethods) as a Json string:
> >
> > Test.AllTestsJson()
> >
> > Can we create an option for the interpreter to call this function? For
> > instance:
> >
> > gbx3 -a /path/to/project
> >
> > would then print out a json string with all tests of that project.
> >

> What for? Just browse all '*.test' files recursively in '.src'.

The test dialog should support the granularity of test selection that
gb.test already has: to pick individual methods inside of test modules
to run.

Given that the IDE can load classes and symbols from the project
(e.g. for autocompletion), it should be possible to use the same
mechanism to:

  [ - compile the project (to renew the .test and .info file), ]
    - read the .test file for all test class names,
    - load their method symbols.

I think this meets all our needs, right?

Regards,
Tobi