[Gambas-user] Coming back to gb.test

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Sat May 9 00:36:11 CEST 2020

Am 08.05.20 um 07:55 schrieb Christof Thalhofer:

> gb.test now can only test itself but in other projects the classes are
> out of reach.

This is a problem I faced very early as I developed gb.test. As it is
injected into another project and looks at it "from inside" it cannot be
hidden. It is a true component, the testclasses inside the project to be
tested depend on it.

For me this problem can be solved in two ways:

1) Let gb.test be component even in production. I did this and I got no
problems. This comes with the burden of dead code in *every* project in
the future that has any test class in it. I could live with that.

2) Remove every $class.test and the string "Component=gb.test" from the
.project file before the compilation. Here the disadvantage is that
gb.test again requires gb.util and it is hard to decide whether you can
remove gb.util as well.

But maybe there are more possibilities I don't know.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur