[Gambas-user] Coming back to gb.test

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Thu May 7 09:37:20 CEST 2020

Am 07.05.20 um 08:31 schrieb Benoît Minisini:

> Now I can add a big "Test" button in the IDE: if you have ideas and/or
> examples for a GUI displaying the TAP test results, you are welcome!

Please let us think about the IDE a bit and please work a little bit
with gb.test as it is before you decide. Write a couple of tests for
things you are working on and simply try it out. I would prefer if we
could wait with GUI and the integration into the IDE until 3.16.

Because a lot of GUI chichi which comes to mind first simply won't be
necessary! I know that because I first wrote GUI chichi four years ago.

I don't prefer a button, I would explicitly hate it! ;-)

While programming I hate it if I have to grab the mouse. And if you do
test-driven-programming you would have to do that as often as you hit F5!

I personally would prefer to hit F4 to run a test. But also with F5 I
would be fine.

If I do test driven programming, I currently run

Test.Main("TestOfThePartIAmCurrently.WorkingOn")

in a Starttup Module called TestMe and I like that. This is very easy.

I write a test, then production code, hit F5, see FAILED, change code,
Hit F5, set a breakpoint, hit F5, change code, hit F5, see PASSED ...
ok, done!

This is fast and easy!

The only thing I don't like is that the console comes up and hides the
first time after I started the IDE and I have to pull it up with the mouse.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur