[Gambas-user] gbx3, how and where to handle POLLHUP event ?

Peter Bauer pebauer68 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 13:19:18 CET 2020

Hello,
Sorry, in future I will put all executables outside of the application
project.
I had built a gbx3 version with additional debug output enabled, but this
did not help me to trace the issue.
Thank you very much for your work on Gambas. If I compare it with other
projects in the open source space it is in very good shape. I have tried to
use
the poll() and epoll() module implementation in Python3.8.2 and saw that
there is currently no working implementation for files/streams - only
sockets now (also in linux). In Gambas most things work perfect just out of
the "box".

BR,
Peter Bauer

I will look at it.

Two remarks first:

- Why did you put the gbx3 executable inside your project???

- The event loop depends on the GUI component, so the behaviour is
different between a command-line application, a QT application and a
GTK+ application.

I wrote the interpreter event loop, but not the QT or GTK+ one, so maybe
the problem comes from that difference.
Beno?t Minisini