[Gambas-user] No menus with KDE Plasma global menu

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 16:39:41 CET 2020

On 3/21/20 3:13 AM, Patrik Karlström wrote:
> When using Plasmas global menu I get not menus what so ever in Gambas.
> I get a "menu holder" that I can toggle with ctrl-alt-m, but no items.
>
> In the past, there was an option to force the menu behavior, I think, could not find one now though.
> My problem back then, in Unity times, was that one got one local and one global menu, at the same time.
>
> When starting Gambas with
> KDE_NO_GLOBAL_MENU=whatever gambas3
>
> I get a local menu, but a global would be nice.
>
> Patrik
>
> [System]
> Gambas=3.14.3
> OperatingSystem=Linux
> Kernel=5.4.24-1-MANJARO
> Architecture=x86_64
> Distribution=Manjaro Linux
> Desktop=KDE5
> Theme=Breeze
> Language=sv_SE.UTF-8
> Memory=31980M
>
> [Libraries]
> Cairo=libcairo.so.2.11703.0
> Curl=libcurl.so.4.6.0
> DBus=libdbus-1.so.3.19.11
> GStreamer=libgstreamer-1.0.so.0.1602.0
> GTK+2=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.32
> GTK+3=libgtk-3.so.0.2407.7
> OpenGL=libGL.so.1.7.0
> Poppler=libpoppler.so.95.0.0
> QT5=libQt5Core.so.5.14.1
> SDL=libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.4
> SQLite=libsqlite3.so.0.8.6

On my system, there actually are menu buttons for Gambas on the global menu. But, the only two are so skinny the text is not
visible, and the menu cannot be resized horizontally.

--
Lee

[System]
Gambas=3.14.3
OperatingSystem=Linux
Kernel=4.12.14-lp151.28.40-default
Architecture=x86_64
Distribution=openSUSE Leap 15.1
Desktop=KDE5
Theme=Breeze
Language=en_US.UTF-8
Memory=16030M

[Libraries]
Cairo=/usr/lib64/libcairo.so.2.11510.0
Curl=/usr/lib64/libcurl.so.4.5.0
DBus=/usr/lib64/libdbus-1.so.3.19.4
GStreamer=/usr/lib64/libgstreamer-1.0.so.0.1205.0
GTK+2=/usr/lib64/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.32
GTK+3=/usr/lib64/libgtk-3.so.0.2200.30
OpenGL=/usr/lib64/libGL.so.1.0.0
Poppler=/usr/lib64/libpoppler.so.73.0.0
QT4=/usr/lib64/libQtCore.so.4.8.7