[Gambas-user] Using test interface for scripter testing

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Sun Jun 28 08:40:53 CEST 2020

Am 27.06.20 um 15:35 schrieb Brian G:

> Does that not defeat the purpose of testing the the app for production
> use. Ie checking if correct errors are generated by error conditions
> etc. Have to alter code, then not test the actual method or module that
> outputs them

You can also write a separated test project to test your app which:

1 compiles the app's project
2 calls the app's executable and tests it's output
3 removes the executable to clean up

1 and 3 can be done inside _Setup() and _Teardown() methods.
2 can be done with the usage of 'Shell'.

I am not sure if something like that is possible with tests inside the
project of your app, but it might be ...

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur