[Gambas-user] Using test interface for scripter testing

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 09:56:41 CEST 2020

Le 23/06/2020 à 00:25, Tobias Boege a écrit :
> On Mon, 22 Jun 2020, Brian G wrote:
>> Will all of the test modules be included in the production application distribution when I do a make executable or make installation package?
>>

> I have not worked on this, so I have no idea. My advice would be to try
> it out: make an executable and use `gbr3 -s` to override the startup
> class to probe if the interpreter could potentially find a test module
> when it is instructed to use one as the startup class.
>
> If yes, consider opening a feature request. I vaguely remember everyone
> agreeing that tests should *not* be included in "production" things.

Mmm... yes I didn't really think about that.

At the moment, test modules are included in the executable as any other
classes.

It allows to test the executable using the '-T' interpreter option.

But on the other hand you are providing your tests to the final user in
an executable bigger thant it should be. Maybe not a wanted thing...

I guess I should add one more option!

Benoît Minisini