[Gambas-user] Problem with Lock method for DrawingArea class

John Rose john.aaron.rose at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 07:54:18 CEST 2020

 > You can lock an object by using the static method "Object.Lock".
 > There is no "Lock" method in the DrawingArea class."

I don't understand the above. Quoting from
https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/object-model#t10:

       >2.3. Locking Objects
       > An object can be locked so that it stops raising events, and can be
       > unlocked so that it raises > them again. See
       > the Object.Lock
      <https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb/object/lock> and
      Object.Unlock
      <https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/comp/gb/object/unlock> methods.
       > 2.4. Observers
       > Observers <https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb/observer> are
      objects that allow you to intercept events raised by
       > other objects. They > "observe" them.

Since the above (later on in that web page) refers to a Button as an
Object , I think that a Drawing Area is an object and therefore Lock &
Unlock should be methods available to it.
Also, the compiler does not object to e.g. DesktopDrawingArea (a
Drawing  Area) being used with Lock as in DesktopDrawingArea.Lock.

I do try to follow Netiquette (in
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette), so please tell me
_specifically _where I go wrong.

Regards,