[Gambas-user] gb.poppler

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 16:59:39 CEST 2020

Le 22/06/2020 à 16:37, Rolf-Werner Eilert a écrit :
> Am 22.06.20 um 15:21 schrieb Tony Morehen:
>> I've been using the new gb.poppler component in place of gb.pdf.
>
> Oops - but gb.pdf will prevail, will it?! I'd have too much work
> recoding everything because I use it so much in my projects.
>
> Regards
> Rolf

'gb.pdf' has been deprecated. It means that it is still present, but it
will not be developed anymore. 'gb.poppler' aims at replacing it.

As 'gb.poppler' uses the high-level Poppler API, it should not break as
often as 'gb.pdf' that was based on the low-level Poppler API.

I strongly suggest that you think about using gb.poppler instead, as
gb.pdf may not compile anymore in future releases of your preferred
distribution because of these breakages.

Benoît Minisini