[Gambas-user] GauchoCAD

roberto.premoli at tiscali.it roberto.premoli at tiscali.it
Sat Jun 6 19:36:46 CEST 2020

  yes, i used librecad and really i dislike it. i will enjoy to have a
more end user friendly kind of 2D/3D CAD.
About the coding taking as
basic that everyone is free to do what ever he wants, i think also this:
gambas is interpreted, C/C++ is compiled. it means that gambas will in
average slower than C/C++. 2 years ago I did some rountines both gambas
and C: gambas needs quarter of hours, C, few seconds.
so, if i search
for easy going coding and nice end user interfaces, i go with gambas,
but for speed, i go C. and a CAD software, that can scale to large
projects with million of objects to be managed (objects= lines, circles,
ecc) i think it should be better done with a faster language.
I end
sayng that i prefere and use gambas over other languages, but i am also
aware of his limits.

Il 05.06.2020 20:06 Martín Belmonte ha scritto:

> It is a valid question, I have asked myself, but, as you know,
developing LibreCAD implies doing it in c++ and also, what ide to use?
Jetbrains that aren't free? Have you used librecad? Its use is not very
friendly.
> So my main motivation is to make a CAD that I like to use
and with Gambas that is spectacular and has everything, compiler,
interpreter, packager, development environment.
> Now I'm curious. Why
not do a CAD in prawns?
escribió:

>> why "redo the weel"? why did you not choose to mantain
libreCAD but start from scratch with a new project?
>> I am not looking
for a flame, im just curious about your motivation.

Con Tiscali Mobile Smart 30 4G hai minuti illimitati, 100 SMS e 30 Giga in 4G a soli 8,99€ al mese. http://tisca.li/smart30