[Gambas-user] Running multiple versions of Gambas and or use of --program-suffix

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 11:45:47 CEST 2020

Le 06/06/2020 à 11:28, KKing a écrit :
> @Benoit, don't think I saw a response to this, is it a non starter /
> just too difficult?
>
> Is there a root config file that holds the main version at 3 that I
> could for my own purposes say change to 9 so could create a disguised
> 3.14 as 9.14 for my testing?
> I tried looking and testing, but I seem to find a lot of references and
> the make would still generate a mixture of gambas3 and gambas9
> references and e.g. gbr3 but gbc9.

I think you can achieve what you want by:

- Compiling from sources by using './configure --prefix=XXX'. For
example: './configure --prefix=/opt/gambas/3.8'

- Set the GB_PATH environment variable with the path of the specific
interpreter. For example: 'setenv GB_PATH /opt/gambas/3.8/bin/gbx3'.

If you want to run two versions at the same time, you have to switch the
'GB_PATH' environment variable according to the version you want to run.

Tell me if it works.

Benoît Minisini