[Gambas-user] String array items filling ComboBox gives unexpected Click event with Index value of -1 and invalid Max property

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Wed Jul 22 23:06:05 CEST 2020

Am 22.07.20 um 21:48 schrieb Jussi Lahtinen:

>     I just had a thought, maybe if we just renamed the file from
>     "xyzzy.tar.gz" to ...
>

> It shouldn't be about .tar.gz as they most of the time arrive normally
> and I always use it. More likely the content included forbidden file
> type or something other that triggered the filter falsely.

No one knows that except the admins at Google. It also seems that no one
of us has a telephone number or an email address to talk with them and
call their attention to the problem.

In view of this, i have to say that this would not be a provider i
wanted to entrust my mail traffic to. Of course i don't have such a
provider. Here the mails arrive as they were sent. Of course also mails
with viruses etc. But I can differentiate myself and much better than
google.

Basically i would always recommend providers who are specialized in mail
and who earn money from it, like in germany posteo.de or mailbox.org.
You pay 12 Euros per year, which is negligible considering the service
they offer.

Or one has an own domain at a reliable provider, which is also available
for little money and has the unbeatable advantage that one can simply
move the domain to the next one, if the provider screws up.

Google is not really interested in email, a clear sign is their lack of
support. Like Microsoft or Facebook they have an interest in attracting
as many users as possible and then offering the service proprietarily in
walled gardens. A free protocol only disturbs them and I suspect that
they don't like the free protocol and want to get rid of it sooner or
later. Fortunately, e-mail has survived for a long time now, but when
there is a significantly high percentage of users on Gmail, the trap
closes. At least that is my fear.

In the meantime, they will work to incorporate features that are unique
to them, disrupting the broad usability and compatibility. Then users
will come and say: "This and that is much better solved here at Gmail"
and attract all those who do not know or no longer remember what the
corporations have already destroyed only because they want to become
bigger, more powerful and richer.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--