[Gambas-user] Segmentation Fault - Deserialization

Brian G brian at westwoodsvcs.com
Thu Jul 16 21:10:26 CEST 2020

Ok I looked at you project,

My understanding is that when you use as object or as variant, the serialization includes the name of the class in the stream,
so that when its recreated Gambas can instantiate the object from the stream because it can read the class name before invoking the _read or _write special methods on that class..

I guess it should know the name from the - as class name -, But I have never used with a specific class name.

I have been using this for about a year now, and have always used it that way with as object or variant.

Is there a reason, you need to use the specific class name when you read and write?

Thank You
Brian G