[Gambas-user] Locale message

John Rose john.aaron.rose at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 13:17:13 CEST 2020

Benoiît,

I forgot to include the paragraphs below when I sent my previous post on
this subject.

BTW get-iplayer (used to be called get_iplayer) is a ell known program
which is used to list, search & download BBC (TV & radio) programmes
directly from the BBC's servers. Unless you use a UK based Proxy Server
or VPN, I understand that it is not available to users outside the UK.
However, I could be wrong as get-iplayer may work outside the UK even
though the BBC iPlayer website does not. I would be interested to know
if get-iplayer works outside the UK.

I am developing a Gambas GUI app called iRecorder which makes use of
get-iplayer. I have put my first attempt on the Gambas Farm. But it does
not work (at least on my computer) as it does not retrieve any
programme's details when an attempt is made to retrieve all programmes'
details in its Form_Open event. I have sent a post to Gambas Lists about
this bug with the Subject of "Exec Command Problem".

John