[Gambas-user] Moving from 64bit to 32 bit and back

Brian G brian at westwoodsvcs.com
Fri Jul 3 03:40:43 CEST 2020

I replaced all c calls from Gambas3 that required Size_t data type with a pointer type in Gambas and cast the type using cint() or clong() when the value must be used.

I did this because in most cases size_t follows the width of the address bus by convention.

This seems to work so far.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

I would like to get some input about this if anyone have a better idea

I can't see any where even in the structures I have used that this does not translate well.

Was playing with the new raspi OS which defaults to 32 bit.

Thank You
Brian G