[Gambas-user] Dragging to Webview?; HttpClient.Delete()?; & Embedder missing

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 19:18:11 CET 2020

I know I probably shouldn't stack issues in the same thread. But, I'm doing it anyway because I think most will be dispatched
relatively quickly.

1. I am unable to drag files to an active Webview. For instance, when viewing a page with a form that has a <input type="file">
element, I should be able to drag and drop a file from the system file manager onto the file input element. I cannot.

The mouse drag cursor remains red, never turns green, to indicate that the file cannot be dropped on the Webview control. I have
Webview.Drop=True if that makes any difference.

Is there something I need to do to get Webview to accept drops from the system? Or is this just the nature of the beast?

2. Is there a way to use HttpClient to send a DELETE command? I see Get, Head, Post, & Put, but no Delete method. Am I going to
have to Shell to `curl` for this?

3. A few days ago, Bruce mentioned that the Embedder control seems to be missing. I cannot find it either. Qt4 is not available
on my system, but I have switched from Qt5 to GTK3 to see if it shows up. I don't see it. Is it supposed to be on the Special
tab? Where did it go?

--
Lee