[Gambas-user] Adding Documentation to functions

Bruce adamnt42 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 23:34:33 CET 2020

On 20/1/20 7:22 am, Christof Thalhofer wrote:
> (Referred reader to http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/helpcomments

I made a mistake in the second last line, it should read :
Class level help comments do not appear or are not updated until the
SOURCE FILE IS SAVED.

Also, one thing that I never realised until recently is that you can add
inline help comments to local variable declarations:

Private Sub Thingo ( ahab as integer )

   Dim iWhatsIt as Float           '' The float of the *ahab* parameter

   Return fDooDah / iWha                 <---- and the completion popup
shows the iWhatsIt help at this point.

Not a biggy you might say, but ib in a long procedure revisited some
months later it is amazingly useful! (IMHO)

regards
Bruce