[Gambas-user] Position of inherited classes in the IDE project view

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 14:19:38 CET 2020

Le 02/01/2020 à 14:01, Bruce a écrit :
> OK! This one has got me absolutely enthralled.
>
> I'll cut to the bottom for what intrigues me
>
>> When a class is not displayed in the tree where it actually is, its
>> icon has a black triangle on its bottom right. You just have to
>> display the properties of the file to get its actual place.
>
> I have never seen this, BUT from
>
>  > When a class is not displayed in the tree where it actually is [1]
>
> I am inferring that when the item was added to the treeview, its'
> "parent" did not exist, for one reason or other, no matter. Anyway, to
> get around this you add it somewhere with the little black triangle. We
> do a similar thing when a node is added to a treeview when the parent
> does not exist by sticking it under an (created if necessary) "unknown"
> root branch.

Mmm... yes? no?

It's just that when a class A inherits a class B, its tree item parent
is the class B item, not its parent directory item.

And the tree is filled in two passes. The second pass allows to insert
child classes there were not inserted first because its parent was not
yet inserted in the tree.

Benoît Minisini