[Gambas-user] Questions about gb.test and gb.test.tap

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Tue Feb 25 18:43:14 CET 2020

Am 25.02.20 um 18:02 schrieb Benoît Minisini:

> Another point: test modules will be available for any project, and
> gb.test may be hidden. At the moment, you have to check the component to
> be able to create test modules.
>
> When the interpreter will be run in test mode, it will load the
> 'gb.test' component automatically.
>
> And I plan to add to the archiver an option that removes the test
> modules from the executable.
>
> So there will be no overhead when running a project with test modules
> normally, and you will be able to create an executable with no test inside.
>
> I'm thinking: is it useful to be able to create executables with test
> modules inside?

I am unsure. Maybe yes ... for gbt3?

And thinking further ... why not? The testing framework is there. It
could be a solution for sth that nobody thought of, for instance
checking a machines state from the distance, like monitoring ... TAP
output could be suitable for this.

I'm a bit tired. Tobi and I talked for about three hours. We are clear
now, we analyzed your suggestions in the first mail of this thread.

I think Tobi will write our conclusions when he has hung his laundry.

;)

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--