[Gambas-user] Update ide Package module for shared libraries, Make installation packages to have preinst and postinst scripts

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 17:30:22 CET 2020

Le 25/02/2020 à 17:01, Brian G a écrit :
> Will try to find another way of doing this.
>
> When the dependency for gambas  is created for the install, does that
> imply that the scripter will be available?
>

> Brian G

I don't really understand your problem.

When you create a package of a library, then the library version is put
in the package name.

So normally, for two versions of the same library, you get two packages
with different names, and these packages should be able to be both
installed at the same time. Provided that the release number (the third
number in the version) is different, as the Gambas executable only
includes the major and the minor.

As for gbs, I want it to be fully optional. Nothing should require it in
Gambas.

REgards,

--
Benoît Minisini