[Gambas-user] Questions about gb.test and gb.test.tap

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Mon Feb 24 19:48:12 CET 2020

Am 24.02.20 um 19:21 schrieb Benoît Minisini:

> This mail in mainly for Christof and Tobias...
>
> What is the difference between gb.test and gb.test.tap?

gb.test.tap has different assertions and prints TAP more elaborated.
Tobi has more experience with TAP than I and did this job much better
and more elegant, as I can see.

We clashed, as we discussed it a year ago where I could not see a way to
integrate Tobi's wishes into gb.test.

But now Tobi made a branch gb.test.tap where he married the two
components and integrated gb.test.tap to gb.test.

I looked at it just now and it looks beautiful. :-)

> I mean: for me gb.test should run the test modules and generate output
> in the TAP format, but what does gb.test.tap do?

Maybe we can merge the two components into one now, maybe we let them
exist in parallel (for instance if we later would want so support an
alternative system to TAP). We will phone tomorrow and talk about it.

For your other questions ...please let me think about it a while.

But for now I am very positive and think we are on a good way to create
a professional testing system for Gambas.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur