[Gambas-user] Updated Scripter to allow Lib to be included

Brian G brian at westwoodsvcs.com
Sat Feb 22 20:07:40 CET 2020

2 the lib keyword is only used by the scripter, it passes the library key in the project file, does not require any changes to the compiler at all. The library uses a different path than the components. So I used that as a way of denoting the difference. I can change to use the full word library... Would that be acceptable.

3 this version was not final and the exec sometimes during testing did not stop and wait in the debugger, I was trying to figure that out. Exec works correctly at runtime without the debugger. I think I just commented it out for testing.

4 I will change that to use /&

5 I can change that to warnings.

The version I sent out was a first pass, I have a lot to learn about this process. Sorry

I did decide to add the lib support after doing the support for warnings.

I will make the changes and send it out again.

I appreciate the feedback, I hope to do a little better next time

My biggest concern in this version was library dependencies and how they are resolved.

thank you

brian

On Sat, Feb 22, 2020 at 11:04 AM -0800, "Brian G" <brian at westwoodsvcs.com> wrote:

1 I made the other merge requests by accident, I was learning how to do that. They can all be deleted or closed

thank you

brian

On Sat, Feb 22, 2020 at 5:01 AM -0800, "Benoît Minisini" <g4mba5 at gmail.com> wrote:

Le 22/02/2020 à 01:06, Brian G a écrit :
> Fabien
>
> I attach a copy of Scripter which allows the inclusion of Libraries into
> the compiled application.
>
> This is done with the use of the Lib directive eg. lib "company.diadic"
>
> After investigation about compiler, It will allow a full path name for
> libraries. so I have changed it to to search
> .local/gambas&version/lib/name&".gambas" and
> /usr/lib/gambas&version/lib/name&".gambas", as well as just use the
> provided name&".gambas"
>
> This seems to work and execute correctly.
>
> Would you be able to review this fits with your original design and if
> so I will submit this change for merge.
>
> I am worried about dependencies although it seems to work in my testing
> so far.
>
> Thank You
> Brian G

Hi Brian,

1) Why did you make three merge requests? What should I do with them?

2) Why do you introduce a new keyword "LIB"? (That is not actually a new
keyword until the compiler supports it). Why don't you use the "USE"
keyword instead?

3) Why did you replace « Exec ["md5sum", $sPath] To $sMd5 » by « Shell
"md5sum " & $sPath To $sMd5 » ? Which is by the way false as you don't
quote the '$sPath' argument.

4) If you want to concatenate path elements, you have to use the '&/'
operator.

5) Why did you call the option "--warn" and not "--warnings" as in the
compiler?

Benoît Minisini

----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----