[Gambas-user] BSD gambas compile

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 19:20:23 CET 2020

This is all very nearly fixed and ready to be forgotten about again ;)

Only issue left is rmdir

> > I've encountered 3 issues with 3 fixes applied after getting the
> > dependencies right...

Will make dependency list better, qt5 needs to be replaced for individual
components

> > 1. trunk_version.h does not get created in ./main/
> > fix: copy the trunk_version.h file from another source folder
>
> No idea why.

fixed here..
https://gitlab.com/bsteers4/gambas/-/commit/6f8d861760db57ec58358c962be3b2791beaef7c

> > 2. sys/sysmacros.h not found for gbx_c_file.c
> > fix: commented out the define line on line 35.
> > (is there a way sysmacros.h can be ditched? maybe import the code?)
>
> You can use an "#ifdef OS_BSD" to not include the file on BSD.

fixed here...
https://gitlab.com/bsteers4/gambas/-/commit/f6bcd6e121b0eeee458653161914df6b11178a75

> > 3. BSD rmdir command does not like the --ignore-non-empty flag in the
> > makefiles  (it does not use ANY -- prefixes)
> > Fix: remove flag
>
> Is there a flag that does the same thing as in Linux?

Just this one left...

Is there a var to detect BSD like OS_BSD for the makefile?
could change to...

* if test $OS_BSD -eq 1; then; \*
*  rmdir $(DESTDIR)$(datarootdir)/desktop-directories; \*

*else; \*
*  rmdir --ignore-fail-on-non-empty
$(DESTDIR)$(datarootdir)/desktop-directories; \*
*fi; \*

Was almost ready to submit a merge request then remembered about this rmdir
issue.

Respects.
BruceS