[Gambas-user] (no subject)

Tony Morehen tmorehen at ajm-software.com
Mon Dec 28 17:04:37 CET 2020

I'd suggest a staged approach. First stage would be to put a class
together and put it in the Software Farm.  People could then try it out,
test it and suggest additions.  Second stage would be to add it to
Gambas.  To ease packaging issues, I'd recommend adding the class to a
related existing component.

Some potential additions: system-related info like memory used,
available, total (/proc/meminfo).  CPU usage (/proc/stat), cpu/system
temps (/sys/class/hwmon or sensors), graphics (lspci | grep vga).  See
PcInfo in Software Farm.

Since most of this data is only needed once, the overhead involved in
shell calls can be ignored.  The only data that requires frequent calls
is cpu usage.  /proc/stat data is cumulative since last boot.  To get
current data, you need to call it about every second.