[Gambas-user] IDE and VERSION

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 01:24:35 CET 2020

It's cool, the merge wasn't much. I canceled it when i saw your reply as it
did confirm what i already suspected.
.
This loop at line 2967 in App/src/Gambas3/.src/Project.Module

*  sDir = Project.Dir  Do    sDir = File.Dir(sDir)    If sDir = "/" Then
Return True    If Exist(sDir &/ "VERSION") Then Break  Loop*

I simply rearranged the order to ...

*  sDir = Project.Dir  Do    If Exist(sDir &/ "VERSION") Then Break    If
sDir = "/" Then Return True    sDir = File.Dir(sDir)  Loop*
That way it also checked Project Dir (and also top level dir /).

But yeah , not really needed i guess.
the only reason i ever wanted to use a VERSION file for single project was
to ensure Version stays the same (sometimes if i load a project and compile
in different/older versions of Gambas i loose the "Do Not Increment
Version" setting and it starts clocking up again) I figured a VERSION file
would keep it the same.

It gave me something to do on an otherwise pretty boring Christmas day at
least :)
All the best
BruceS