[Gambas-user] IDE and VERSION

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 11:28:46 CET 2020

So i figured this one out..
Reading this from
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb/application/version?ht=version+file

If the "Get from VERSION file" checkbox is checked, the program version is
taken from the first text file named VERSION found in the parent
directories of the project.

So answer is VERSION file must be in projects parent folder not project
folder.
So will have to make a sub folder and put VERSION file and project folder
in that.

Seems odd though,  Could the VERSION file be also looked for in project
folder Ben?
The IDE has no tooltip or any info to say VERSION file has to be in
"parent" folder. I had to search the wiki for that info.
I've submitted a merge request where i've simply re-arranged the 3 loop
commands so current dir is also searched for VERSION file.

BruceS