[Gambas-user] error mesage

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 16:20:42 CET 2020

Le 22/12/2020 à 15:42, Dag Jarle Nerland Johansen - Gambas a écrit :
> Hi,
> every time I run a certain program in the IDE I get this message.
> /
> //(vl:26743): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 13:33:43.984: gtk_box_gadget_distribute:
> assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkNotebook/
>
> What is wrong here.
> Thanks in advance,
> Dag

This is GTK+ as usual.

They implement a new widget drawing system during GTK+3.

As soon as this system cannot resize a sub-element, it emits a warning.
Then I don't know what it does exactly, this is not documented. I hope
it does the right thing, i.e. hide this sub-element, but who knows?

The problem is that these resizing problems entirely depend on the
widget theme, so you cannot know by advance if you will get these
warnings or not.

I succeeded in avoiding a lot of these warning with a big bunch of
tricks and workarounds. At the moment, with the Breeze GTK+ theme, I
mostly have only warnings with scrollbars for reasons I don't
understand. But I guess with other themes, on some controls, you will
have other warnings...

But don't worry, I guess all that will be worse with GTK+4.

Is there some sort of contest for the worse GUI toolkit in the world?

--
Benoît Minisini