[Gambas-user] Possible malfunction of the User Mailing List?

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Tue Dec 15 23:11:01 CET 2020

Am 15.12.20 um 22:36 schrieb Gianluigi:
> Hi Christof,
>
> normally after a few seconds that I sent an email I receive the
> communication "... was successfully received by the User mailing list"
>
> But it is now more than 15 minutes that I have sent a reply without
> communication.

Take another provider.

Gmail now bounces all mails and denies that the users exist (I replaced
the accountnames with 'xyzxyz'):

> <xyzxyz at gmail.com>: host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[108.177.127.27]
>     said: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist.
>     Please try 550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for
>     typos or 550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at 550 5.1.1
>     https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUser hq14si41015ejc.99 - gsmtp (in
>     reply to RCPT TO command)
>
> <xyzxyz at gmail.com>: host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[108.177.127.27] said:
>     550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please
>     try 550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or
>     550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at 550 5.1.1
>     https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUser hq14si41015ejc.99 - gsmtp (in
>     reply to RCPT TO command)
>
> <xyzxyz at gmail.com>: host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[108.177.127.27] said:
>     550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please
>     try 550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or
>     550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at 550 5.1.1
>     https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUser hq14si41015ejc.99 - gsmtp (in
>     reply to RCPT TO command)

This for all Gmail users as I can see. Gmail has a major problem now.
Maybe tomorrow you'll read it in thge newspapers. I've never seen a mail
provider beeing as bad as this one.

I bet this mail will be bounced also.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer