[Gambas-user] Closing a Message!

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Sat Dec 12 20:31:40 CET 2020

Am 12.12.20 um 03:59 schrieb Bruce Steers:

> How's about something simple like this in FMessage.class?
>
> *Public Sub txtMessage_DblClick()
>
>   Clipboard.Copy(txtMessage.**Text)
>   txtMessage.Text = ("Text Coppied.")
>   Wait 1
>   txtMessage.Text = Clipboard.Paste()
>
> End*

Actually it's quite funny. But nevertheless I would find it confusing
and not intuitive. There are a number of well-known commands to copy to
the clipboard like Ctrl-C, Ctrl-Insert.

Double-click is not one of them. If someone copied something important
and it was replaced by double clicking a message it would be annoying.
By no means should it be default behavior in Gambas.

I found the old behaviour the best and easiest: Highlight the text with
the mouse and press Crtl-C.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--