[Gambas-user] Closing a Message!

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 17:49:28 CET 2020

Il giorno ven 11 dic 2020 alle ore 16:55 Benoît Minisini <g4mba5 at gmail.com>
ha scritto:

> Yes. Guys, do not be hysterical about messages boxes!
>
> Message boxes aim to be simple, and I want them to keep being simple. So
> if you need anything more complex, implement your own.
>
> I will just do what I told before, prevent the dialog box from closing
> without explicitly clicking on a button.
>
> I know that this is not necessarily welcome, but as the program normally
> wants an non-ambiguous answer, it can be justified. I will put the focus
> on the default button too.
>
> So, pardon me Bruce, but I don't think I will merge your proposal.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

To me, especially in the early days that I used the computer, it often
happened that I did not understand what I was asked, in those cases I acted
on the X which for me means "I refrain from making a decision at this
moment".

Instead of excluding the X, why don't you give the possibility to put the
focus where you want? So programmers who want a dry and immediate answer
can leave the NO as the last button.

I don't know if it's hysteria but I love the X's in the windows :-)

Regards
Gianluigi

P.S. Speaking of focus, now that on buttons it works with GTK in Ubuntu it
has stopped working with QT (fusion theme)