[Gambas-user] Gambas Web-Form-Apps

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Thu Dec 3 12:12:20 CET 2020

Hi Claus

The reason for your surprise might be that you do not consider that apps
for the web run "on demand" only. So when the page is read, the
application runs through once, produces the answer page, sends it and stops.

Maybe I am writing nonsense here and gb.web is different? I don't think
so, but please correct me if I'm wrong. I have no experience with gb.web
yet, only have programmed a few purely coded web applications couple of
years ago and did some testing when gb.web was still fairly new.

There is a newer technique which lets you think the application runs
continuously, like does my banking website. This is called AJAX or Web
2.0, but if you look under the hood, these apps merely run some of the
code within the browser and still lease requests in the background like
ever before.

Regards
Rolf