[Gambas-user] DataChooser behaves differently on different systems

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 12:13:13 CEST 2020

> I don't get how this is a bugfix. The documentation states:
> Date    Returns a date without its time component
> Yet I get some random time with a date when I print a date.
>

> I mean, ok, time is not random, it's just a UTC conversion of a date
> selected on a DateChooser, assuming it's midnight localtime.
>
> But I dont expect to see the time at all, why it is printed at all? How do
> I print only a date value of a DateChooser now?

With this code:

Public Sub DateChooser1_Click()

  Print DateChooser1.Value
  TextBox1.Text = Str(DateChooser1.Value)
  TextBox2.Text = Format(DateChooser1.Value, gb.MediumDate)
  TextBox3.Text = Format(DateChooser1.Value, "yyyy/mm/dd")

End

here in Italy and datechooser on DateOnly I get this:

TextBox1.Text = 17/08/2020 00:00:00 as on console
TextBox2.Text = 17 ago 2020
TextBox3.Text = 2020/08/17

Regards
Gianluigi