[Gambas-user] DataChooser behaves differently on different systems

Admin admin at allunix.ru
Mon Aug 17 05:14:23 CEST 2020

I noticed that my program that compares dates stopped working after an
upgrade from Debian 9 to 10 (and therefore to Gambas 3.12.2).

I also noticed it didn't work on some Kubuntu machine earlier but had no
time to check why back then.

Now I see it: on Debian 9 "print Date" returned my current local date
without time component, which seems to be how the documentation says.
Now it returns yesterday date and, suddenly, time, and it always is
17:00:00.

DateChooser behaves the same way: on Debian 9 DataChooser.Value (in a
DateOnly mode) returns the selected date. On Debian 10 in the same
programm it returns yesterday date and time which is always 17:00:00

In the same time "Now" correctly returns current local date and time on
both systems.

I need to create a universal code, but I cant figure out how to make
DataChooser.value always return only date, as it does automatically on
Debian 9.

Best regards, Dmitry.