[Gambas-user] Test Module, First try

Brian G brian at westwoodsvcs.com
Fri Aug 14 17:29:46 CEST 2020

Hi Bruce, Christof

   Well you were correct I was not checking the XDG_DATA_HOME So I have added it into script, I assumed it to be ~/.local/share/gambas3/lib/

   Of the list of places to check from the gambas docs, 1,4 are not really valid for a script.
   and yes I check /usr/lib/gambas3 as this is where libraries are installed when you make a package in the ide for a library.
   I have also added into the attached version where the search paths are extended by the inclusion of the XDG_DATA_DIRS path in resolving the location of the libraries.

Bruce, where is the correct path decided at compile time or runtime in gambas3.

As I translate the paths to absolute paths in the project file at script execution time. Which works correctly
as it locates the lib at each run of the script.

Thank You
Brian G