[Gambas-user] Utility Module Used in Test harness

Brian G brian at westwoodsvcs.com
Mon Aug 10 22:11:18 CEST 2020

Hi,

Would it be possible to have a test utility module that can contain general functions used by the test suite during testing
The reason is that for shared library testing, I have needed some extra public functions to get it tested, but some of them could be a real no no in production.

Much like I did in the gbs3 testing where it is called TSR and is in the test directory but is not excluded at build time as it's not a test module, In this case it does not matter. But In the case of the shared libraries the bits they touch should not be reachable in production..

Right now the ide allows to remove test modules which is great! But not the test support modules.

Would it be possible to have a directive in the Test module that say's 'support' or such that will cause test not to run the public functions?

This would be very very helpful.

Thank You
Brian G