[Gambas-user] Problems with setting and using Connections in IDE

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 21:48:54 CEST 2020

On 4/25/20 12:03 PM, Gianluigi wrote:

> Lee, Bruce,
> I apologize for the inaccuracy, I am old and memory has abandoned me.
> I have verified and here both the connection with MySQL and with PostgreSQL works well.
> Instead, as far as SQLite is concerned, it only works if the db is present in the project.
>
> Regards
> Gianluigi
>
> P.S. Initially, he gives me an error on the password, but then he connects correctly

No need to apologize, Gianluigi.

I can confirm that an IDE-defined SQLite Connection works if I enter a single dot character for the Path. This gets
automatically expanded to the full project directory path with a trailing dot.

As far a MySQL, I suspect that both you and Bruce are using desktops that employ the GNOME keyring, and hence, why it works for
you and not me (with KDE Wallet).

--
Lee