[Gambas-user] DBUS signal questions

Bruce adamnt42 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 09:10:31 CEST 2020

Two questions

1) There doesn't seem to be any way to stop watching for a signal?

I have a program that does a lot of wizzygig in a large number of
objects and when they finish spinning they raise a "Notice" signal on
the DBUS. This work fine.

I also have a monitor program that watches that server and prints a
message to stdout when it catches one. In other words its just a logger
so I know that the server is still sending signals.

Here's the catch. At some point one of the server objects will have
finished whirling around and it sends a Notice message saying so. Fine.
When all the objects are finished spinning, I want the monitor to stop
lisenting for any more messages from the server and do something else.
Part of this is "stop listening for any more messages" from the server.
But there doesn't seem to be a way to achieve this.

2) There doesn't seem to be a way to watch for a signal from a specific
object on the server.

The server can have a 100 or so objects registered on the DBus. Each is
easily identifiable. I am trying to write another watcher program that
is only interested in one of the objects on the server DBus "session".\
Any clues?

tia
bruce