[Gambas-user] Problems with setting and using Connections in IDE

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 18:45:58 CEST 2020

I am having difficulty using Connections defined in the IDE with DataSource and DataView.

First, I tried a sqlite3 connection. In a new Connection dialog, I:

set the Type to "SQLite",
browsed for and set the path = "/home/user/tmp", then
selected the DB file from the Database file chooser = "test.db".

I can view the data in the db using the Connection viewer (tab). But, when I run the program, I get:
"Unable to locate `test.db` in `~/tmp`".

I tried with different paths and files, and it complains that it cannot find any of them.

So, I tried a mysql connection. In a new Connection dialog, I:
set the Type to "MySQL",
set the host to "localhost" and set the user and password appropriately,
ensured that "Remember password" was enabled,
selected the DB from the Database chooser.

The same as with the SQLite connection, I can view the data in the db using the Connection viewer (tab). But, when I run the
program, I get:
"Cannot open database: Access denied for user 'user'@'localhost' (using password: NO)"

Is there something I am missing in setting up these connections?

--
Lee