[Gambas-user] gb.media record to file

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 11:20:48 CEST 2020

Le 12/04/2020 à 18:27, T Lee Davidson a écrit :
> On 4/12/20 7:49 AM, Mayost Sharon wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> Can I get help on how to record a file from a camera?
> [snip]
>>

>> To save the file I got in trouble
>> I tried to read the documentation here:
>> https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/?gi-language=c
>>
>> And even more complicated I wrote it in C language
>>
>> Thank you
>
> I think you're going to need to utilize a MediaControl with the Type
> (plugin type) set to "fdsink".
> See:
> http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.media/mediacontrol/_new , and
> https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/coreelements/fdsink.html
>
> However, I am having difficulty accomplishing that, so I cannot help you
> with how.

gb.media is a direct interface to gstreamer. So the first thing to do is
finding how to do what you want to do in gstreamer. Once done, you
translate into gb.media API, and either it works, either there is
something missing in gb.media that needs to be implemented.

Just find first how to record a camera with gstreamer, and I would be
able to help you to translate that into gb.media code.

Benoît Minisini