[Gambas-user] How to create MediaControl with specific Type?

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 18:45:39 CEST 2020

I am trying to create a new MediaControl with the Type="fdsink". But, I get errors on creation.

It seems that to specify a Type, a Parent must also be specified else I get a "Null object" error.

Given this:
' Gambas module file

Public hMediaContainer As MediaContainer
Public hControl As MediaControl

Public Sub Main()

   ' hMediaContainer = New MediaContainer As "hMediaContainer"
   hControl = New MediaControl(Null, "fdsink") As "hControl"
   hControl["fd"] = "myfile.mp4"

End

I get "Null object" on New MediaControl.

If I uncomment so as to create a new MediaContainer to be used as Parent for the MediaControl,
(ie: hControl = New MediaControl(hMediaContainer, "fdsink") As "hControl"),
I get "Null object" on New MediaContainer.

If I try hPlayer = New MediaPlayer(Null, "fdsink") As "hPlayer", the IDE console displays an error:
GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_object_unref: assertion 'object != NULL' failed

So it appears that a Parent is required.

How can a specific Type be specified when there is no parent?

--
Lee