[Gambas-user] Gambas Mailing List Etiquette

Jussi Lahtinen jussi.lahtinen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 14:54:16 CEST 2020

> > Three threads now about etiquette. In my opinion unnecessary thread
> > splitting is bigger problem than top posting
>
> Ah, you mean, we hijacked the thread? Yes, that's bad behavior.

No, while I agree that thread hijacking shouldn't be done, thread splitting
is different thing.
It means when you reply to a thread you change the subject line, either by
adding unnecessary "Re:" or otherwise edit it.
This creates two threads about the same topic, which makes it less
convenient to follow the conversation. But of course this is not a problem
in old style email clients, which does nothing to help you anyway. Which
seems to be the case with you. I don't see the repeating information,
footers etc at all, if I don't choose to view them. I see them only when
they appear first time in the thread.

Jussi