[Gambas-user] Form Center issue with dual monitor

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 01:53:26 CEST 2020

On 4/7/20 4:45 PM, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Le 07/04/2020 à 22:28, T Lee Davidson a écrit :
>> On 4/7/20 3:24 PM, Yeshua Rodas wrote:
>>> Hello folks.
>>>
>>> I'm having an litte issue displaying a Form centered on the screen.
>>> You'll see, I have a 2 monitor setting, one upper, another one on bottom.
>>> When I run my program, the Form instead of getting centered for the monitor where it is running (the up monitor in my case)
>>> is centered in relation with both monitors.
>>
>> You might need to center the form manually using the Width and Height properties of DesktopWindow.
>> http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.desktop
>>

> The code already does that, so I don't understand why it does not work.

I don't use multiple displays, so I cannot verify this. But, apparently there are two different ways to configure two monitors
in extended mode.

One is in the case where one monitor is set to be the Main display. This allows each monitor to have different wallpapers and
also display different application windows.

The other is without either display being set as Main. This makes the two displays share the same wallpaper and application
windows. If I am correct, this mode is likely the cause of the issue.

--
Lee