[Gambas-user] Coming back to gb.test

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Fri Apr 3 16:54:49 CEST 2020

Am 03.04.20 um 14:22 schrieb Benoît Minisini:

> Maybe I will say rubbish, but if both can be useful, couldn't we make
> that an option ? "Let gb.test catch all errors" or "let the interpreter
> crash".

In theory yes, in reality not.

I tried to restore this functionality in the current gb.test, but even
if it's there, TestFailures.test does not run trough, but just 7 of 11
tests, as I remember [1]. I found out that there are further things in
the assertions that do not what they should do.

But these cannot debugged, because Assert is not in gb.test any more and
so cannot be stepped through ...

I have a few hundred tests for my code at home but I cannot run these
with the new gb.test because Tobi decided to change Got and Expected in
the signatures of the assertions to be the other way round as it was
before. So with the new gb.test I would have to change hundreds of test
calls in my own software ...

... hmmm ...

for sure I would do this if the new gb.test was reliable, but it is
obviously not.

So from my own perspective the current state of this thing is a complete
mess :-(

Please mention: The old one tested my own software for four years.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

[1] https://lists.gambas-basic.org/pipermail/user/2020-March/068793.html

--