[Gambas-user] Trace options

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 15:56:22 CEST 2019

Il giorno sab 28 set 2019 alle ore 13:28 KKing <kicking177 at gmail.com> ha
scritto:

> is there the ability to dump a trace say of the last 100 lines a program
> has been through?
>
> I have one program that yields an unexpected result every so often, the
> cause is elusive and it appears no error is being generated / detected.
> But the result is detectable by comparing the output from the unexpected
> result with output from previous iteration so I could trap that, but to
> determine the cause a trace dumped to log would (hopefully) help.
>
> NB this so far has not happened within IDE debugging only on units
> running the executable on runtime version of gambas.
>
> K.

Maybe you are looking for this:
Create an executable of the attached file being careful to check the "Keep
debug information in the executable" CheckBox.
You move to the folder where the executable resides and open a terminal in
the folder.
Write in the terminal:
gbr3 DebugTest.gambas
and push enter
Here is my output:

gian at gian:~/Scrivania/Gambas-it/DebugTest$ gbr3 DebugTest.gambas
FMain.Form_Open.8: $List;  = (String[] 0x55c594ffaf08)
FMain.Form_Open.10: ListBox1.List = (String[] 0x55c594ffaf08)
FMain.Form_Open.12: ListBox1.Index = -1
FMain.btbAdd_Click.28: btbAdd.Text = Foo
FMain.btbAdd_Click.30: $List.Add(btbAdd.Text)
FMain.btbAdd_Click.32: $List.Sort()
FMain.btbAdd_Click.34: ListBox1.List = (String[] 0x55c594ffaf08)
FMain.btbAdd_Click.36: ListBox1.Index = 7
FMain.btbAdd_Click.38: Settings["ListBox/LastItem"] = 7
FMain.btbAdd_Click.40: btbAdd.Text = ""
FMain.Form_Close.19: Settings["ListBox/List"] = (String[] 0x55c594ffaf08)
FMain.Form_Close.21: Settings.Save()
gian at gian:~/Scrivania/Gambas-it/DebugTest$

Regards
Gianluigi