[Gambas-user] Multiple toolkit experiences

Patrik Karlström patrik at trixon.se
Wed Sep 25 16:58:29 CEST 2019

Hi Benoît,
Long time fan of Gambas here, but not a user in a long time.

I spend most of my time in the java world now and one of my projects
touches the switchable graphical toolkit design in Gambas, but in my case
the toolkits are map renderers. In the world of Mapton, they are called Map
Engines.

Inspired by Gambas, my initial goal was to make toolkit switching rather
transparent and feature complete.

I soon realized that it was easy only for the real simple things like,
zoom, pan and bookmark management.

Different toolkits are, well, really different. :)
Some are 2d, some are 3d and their capabilities with graphic management are
all from missing to exceptional.

Because of this, I'm curious on your experiences in this area and if you do
have any advice.

Not sure what I'm talking about? Have a look at https://mapton.org

/Patrik